Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm here!

I made it! It was a very long trip, but I'm here at last. I actually got here yesterday morning to Dhaka, but we stayed the morning at Dr. Albert's brothers, where I met his wife and children. I too a nap, and then after lunch we got on the road to Bogra. It was a 6 hour drive, and it was very interesting driving. You aren't even supposed to stay in your lane! I got to see rickshaws, brick factories, and an accident. There were times where we were heading strait towards an oncoming bus before we/they swerved back. We got into Bogra at night then, so I wasn't able to see much of the city I've been trying to catch up to the time difference, but it's hard. I'm pretty tired right now. The food has been good, nothing too spicy just yet. I got to walk around the compound and see everything. I found out the church is over 100 years old. They have a school here too with 250 students that come. Last night was the first time I've slept under a mosquito net. I've always wanted a canopy bed! I woke up and could here all the traffic going by, lots of honking. I think that's all for now, I am pretty tired. Thanks for praying for me, it helped me get here! I was happy I made all my connections. I can write more when I am more alert and with it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to hear you made it safely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember your "near death experience" on the road with me in Guatemala? Now you've got some comparisons from your road trip in Bangladesh!

    ReplyDelete