Sunday, July 17, 2011

1 day or 22 hours to go

This last week has been crazy busy getting packed, buying last minute items, and wrapping up everything here at home for 3 months. I never thought there would be this much to do. It was sad saying good bye to everyone in church today, thinking I won't be seeing you all again for a long time! My first flight is 1:30 pm from Harrisburg to JFK in New York with a switch in DC. I fly out of NY at 11 pm and get into Abu Dhabi International airport (I was confused about the Dubai part, sorry!) on the 19th at 8pm. From there I get into Dhaka, Bangladesh at 4 am on the 20th. Dr. Albert will meet me there and then we drive north to Bogra, where I'll be staying. It is strange to think that in 24 hours I'll in the air, and 24 hours after that I'll be half way around the world trying to stay awake for my first day there! I'm both really excited and looking forward to it, and nervous at the same time. Here goes! See you on the other side of the world!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, have you figured out how many miles from home you will be? Thank goodness for internet so we can keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that god will be with you, and all the pations that you take care of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, i finally know how to post you a comment on here! Go Me! :)

    Have a safe fight and ill see you in 3 months, Praying that god will make the 3 months go by fast because i'm missing you already.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete