Monday, August 1, 2011

week 2

Hey Everyone!
I know it's been almost a week since my last post. I'm not the best blogger, for keeping frequent updates. Sorry! Last week I worked the day shift, and this week I will be doing the evening shift in the maternity ward and nursery. It does get hot in the hospital wearing the sari. Last evening it rained for only the second time since I've been here. It's been a pretty dry rainy season over here. This morning I was able to watch Munju make lunch. She makes the ginger paste by grinding it to a pulp with a rolling stone. The green beans are almost a foot long. THey make lunch and supper at the same time, and just save it for later. It saves time in the evening, just have to get it out of the cupboard. I had doi for the first time a few days ago. It is a cross between yougurt and pudding, and it tastes delicious. It's really rich and creamy.

I still struggle at the hospital to be able to communicate and understand sometimes. There is a lot that goes on that I don't understand, and it makes me lonely sometimes. Yesterday was especially hard for me. I'm hanging on tight to God and he has been giving me grace for each day. There is a lot I am still getting used to. I have been learning new words every day, which is good. For some reason I find myself thinking in Spanish when i want to say something and I don't know the words. Aba daka hobi. (See you later!)
Sarah
ps- hopefully my next post will be be for the next week is out. I'm going to Khanjanpur on Friday for a day.

1 comment:

  1. Khanjanpur! That will be exciting. I used to be able to converse in German, but it's been so long, when I try now to say something in German, Spanish words get thrown in there by accident. Funny how that works.

    ReplyDelete