Thursday, August 11, 2011

rain!

Yesterday it rained and rained all morning. It rained all over the country, and even here in Bogra, which doesn't normally flood, the streets were covered in water. On tv they showed people fishing in the streets! One of the nurses who I worked with had her house flooded. I was enjoying watching the water in the courtyard rise, but then I realized that what I enjoyed was bringing a lot of hardship to some of the people here.  That gave the rain a whole different perspective.

I've been working this week in the children's ward. Some days there are 10 or 12 patients, and yesterday when it was raining, there were only 2! Most of them are still infants, it's sad to see them sick.

Yesterday during the Wednesday prayer meeting we sang the song "Dhonobad, Dhonobad." That is part of the chorus, and it means thank you. It is the only song that I can sing along with, at least for that part. I do miss singing myself, but I have gotten to listen to the music, and it's beautiful. I recognize a lot of them, but I just don't know the words.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully it won't rain that much any more. And the weather is much better in the early autumn than in the rainy season, so it will probably be less uncomfortable for you. Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete